Spectacular scenery from the saddle
From complete beginners to experienced riders, horse riding at The Lodge doesn’t get much better. The ancient forest with beautiful woodland paths will both enchant and excite on a memorable trail ride.
Accompanied by an experienced guide, choose from a 1 hour hack or indoor riding lesson to a half or full-day tour for the more experienced.
Please note: riding hats are provided and must be worn by all participants and jodhpur boots are supplied. Advance bookings are highly recommended to avoid disappointment.
You will be matched to your horse depending on capability and then head out for a onehour trail ride, a half-day or a full-day ride for the more experienced to explore the trails on the shores of Lough Corrib and Lough Mask and even into the mountains of Connemara.
Riding lessons for all abilities are available in the indoor and outdoor arenas - perfect for those who are starting out or those who want to improve.
A pony ride is the perfect introduction for little ones aged 4+. Starting in the arena then progressing outside, ponies are led at all times by a guide on foot.
Private rail Rides
- €70 per adult, €60 per child (under 16) for a 1 hour trail ride (maximum of 6 riders at one time)
- €125 per adult, €95 per child (under 16) for a 2 hour trail ride (maximum of 6 riders at one time)
- €165 per adult for a 3 hour trail ride (minimum of 2 participants)
- €80 per adult, €70 per child (under 16) for 45 minutes
Children's Pony Rides
- €35 for 30 minutes (minimum 4 years of age)
Woodland Carriage Tour
- Seating four adults or two adults and three children €140 for 1 hour
Possible weight limitations: If anyone in your party weighs 102 kilograms/225 pounds or more please contact us to discuss your equestrian activity so we can ensure we have a suitable horse available.