Miles of cycling routes to explore
Cyclists of all abilities will enjoy discovering the wonderful countryside by bike – getting fit and having fun at the same time! The Lodge at Ashford Castle has mile upon mile of great cycling trails, from leisurely pathways to more challenging routes. We are able to provide cycle hire and a map of the most popular routes to help start you off!
For those looking to brush up on their cycling technique, we offer lessons from a qualified MBLA instructor and our guided cycling tours cater for all levels and are ideal for discovering the fascinating history and heritage of the area – with breathtaking views along the way.
For the more enthusiastic rider we can arrange guided bike tours which provide an amazing opportunity to see Cong and learn of its history and heritage. Departing at 10am or 2pm daily, the tour duration is 2 hours and caters for all levels of ability.
Glide along the Lough
Spend an enjoyable morning or afternoon kayaking on the River Cong, accompanied by an experienced guide.
The Ashford Adventure three hour Pedal & Paddle experience caters for all levels from beginners to the more experienced. The tour starts with a cycle along the quiet leafy lanes that lead to huge expanses of mountain and valley followed by a paddle along the river bank and out onto the sparkling waters of Lough Corrib. It’s a great combination for all ages and fitness levels, and no previous experience is required.
Depart at 10am or 2pm.
- Adults €25.00 for half-day or €40.00 for full-day, per bicycle
- Children (Under 16) €20.00 for half-day or €30.00 for full-day, per bicycle
- Private 90 minute cycle tour - €50.00 per adult, €35.00 per child, minimum age 8 years
- Connemara three hour guided cycle tour €90 per person (three people minimum), minimum age 8 years
- Private two - three hour guided tour €90.00 per person (two people minimum), minimum age 8 years
- Private 1.5 hour Family Mountain bike lesson and trail ride - €50.00 per adult, €35.00 per child, minimum age 6 years
- €75.00 per adult, for two hours. €55.00 for children (between 8 and 16 years). A minimum of 2 people applies.
- Corrib Kayak Tour, €90.00 per person, for three hours. €65.00 for children (between 8 and 16 years). A minimum of 3 people applies.
A minimum of 2 people applies.
Pedal & Paddle experience
- €90.00 per paddler, for three hours. Minimum group size two people.