Job Reference: LD_DM
We are currently looking for a Duty Manager on a 6 month contract to join our team at The Lodge at Ashford Castle
Key responsibilities include:
- To manage Standards and Service Levels within the Hotel, ensuring that they meet the required Hotel Standards
- To monitor daily operations in the hotel liaising with all relevant HODs to ensure that all departments are staffed effectively and are organised to meet daily business needs
- To be fully aware of what is happening in the hotel at all times i.e. functions hosted onsite, VIP Sheet, etc.
- To be actively involved in all aspects of daily operations in a ‘hands on’ capacity.
- To ensure that Senior Management are informed of any relevant issues, complaints or problems that may arise and that appropriate action is taken to resolve these.
The ideal candidate for the Duty Manager position should:
- Have a friendly & outgoing personality
- Have a passion for guest care and hospitality
- Have excellent communication skills (both written & verbal)
- Have strong attention to detail
- Be flexible, innovative and adaptable
- Be legally eligible to work in Ireland
- Degree in Hotel Management or equivalent – is preferable
- Have the ability to handle busy situations and manage your workload effectively
This position has excellent progression opportunities within the renowned Red Carnation Hotel Collection, a company providing the perfect opportunity to those who are looking for an exciting career and job security within the hotel industry.
Some of the Benefits available to our team:
- Complimentary meals on duty
- Discounted rates with Red Carnation Hotel Collection and The Travel Corporation
- Uniforms and dry cleaning service provided free of charge
- Discounted rates with many local businesses and third party service providers (including Estate Activities)
- Professional training and development opportunities (79 in-house courses to avail of)
The Lodge at Ashford Castle is an Equal Opportunities Employer