Executive Head Chef, Jonathan Keane at The Lodge at Ashford Castle, shares his delicious recipe for halibut on a bed of oyster aioli. A great dish to impress your friends and family with.
If you enjoyed following the recipe below, we would love you to share your pictures with us, tagging @TheLodgeAshford on your Instagram post.
The below recipe makes two servings.
- 180g of turbot or halibut per person
- 100g chopped green cabbage
- 2 rashers of diced bacon
- 200ml cream
For the oyster aioli
- 8 oysters
- 6 egg yolks
- 2 teaspoon of mustard
- Lemon juice
- 2 teaspoon of white wine vinegar
- 600ml of vegetable oil
- For the aioli, open the oysters and remove them from their shells
- Add the egg yolk, mustard, lemon juice, vinegar, salt and pepper. Add to a mixer and gradually add oil and seasoning
- Leave aside
- Sweat bacon in some olive oil and add cabbage, cook for one minute
- Pour a dash of cream in and reduce it until the cabbage is cooked
- Pan fry the fish in hot olive oil and add a teaspoon of butter.
- Assemble the dish
For more recipe ideas, check out our at home blogs for inspiration.